We are always excited about meeting new patients during your first visit to our office. The initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 1-hour visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable so we provide a complimentary panorex x-ray & photographs so that we may provide a thorough treatment plan review & cost estimate.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after the initial exam, once a careful analysis of the diagnostic records has been completed by Dr. Jacobus. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
- Completed New Patient Forms that you can download from our website!